For most of us, email is the most common form of business communication so it’s important to get it right. Although emails usually aren’t as formal as letters, they still need to be professional to present a good image of you and your company.
Once the career fair is over, you’ll probably walk out with more business cards than you can count. Whether you get asked to do an interview the next day or not, it is always a good idea to follow up with the companies you were interested in. Doing so will allow you to make connections for future opportunities! Here are some tips and tricks for writing a successful and meaningful professional email.
We will highlight through this training below topics :
I – THE PRINCIPLES FOR WRITING AN EFFICIENT EMAIL
A. Types of emails
B. The basics of writing the perfect subject line for your email
C. Manage the structure of your emails
D. How to associate actions in emails (using The “3Ws” stand for: Who, What, and When.)
E. Good practice for making your emails scannable
II – SOME TECHNIQUES TO MAKE YOUR EMAILS CREDIBLE
A. Respond to urgent emails immediately
B. Use “logical connectors”:
C. Present options instead of open-ended questions
D. Automate the sending of repetitive emails
E. Show screenshot instead of expressing in words
F. Write the perfect out-of-office auto-reply (OOO)
III – THE TOOLS LEADING TO PERFECTION
A. How to properly designate recipients
B. Learn how to add a signature to your emails
C. How to correctly use the “Reply to all” option
D. Best practices for sending attachments
E. Scheduling Meetings Using Outlook
F. Create e-mail management rules
What you’ll learn
- Learn simple email writing skills that will help you become a better communicator and influencer with your team.
- Simple Email Writing Tactics that will Save You Time and Frustration
- Powerful Business Writing Skills You Will Use for Your Entire Career
- How to Write the Perfect Subject Line
- Write Emails that are Five Sentences or Less
- Present Options Instead of Asking Open-Ended Questions
- How to Properly Use “Reply All”
- Reply to Questions Inline
- No special tools or are necessary. Any email client (like Outlook, Gmail, etc.) can do all.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for employees who rely on email to communicate and collaborate with their teams.
- The focus of this course is mainly on employees or entrepreneurs who work in US-based organizations.