WEB5: AN EXTRA DECENTRALIZED WEB PLATFORM
The web democratized the exchange of information, but it’s missing a key layer: identity. We struggle to secure personal data with hundreds of accounts and passwords we can’t remember. On the web today, identity and personal data have become the property of third parties.
Web5 brings decentralized identity and data storage to your applications. It lets devs focus on creating delightful user experiences, while returning ownership of data and identity to individuals.
Just when we were beginning to get a hand on Web3 and its attempts to popularize crypto-related projects, Block Head Jack Dorsey announced plans to build a new decentralized web centered around Bitcoin (BTC), & this largest blockchain network will play a major role in the internet’s evolution. The new project, called “Web5,” is part of Square’s TBD subsidiary, which is working on a suite of BTC-based solutions to help revolutionize the financial system. It will be the next step in the internet’s evolution, with the goal of removing third-party control over its customers’ data.
In this course we will :
- Recap about Web1, Web2 & Web3 & how is Web5 different
- Understand Web5 in detail
- Get to know Web5’s pillars and components
- See Web5’s use cases
- Great collection of resources to read more about Web5
A Verifiable Certificate of Completion is presented to all students who undertake this Web5 course.
What you’ll learn
- Basic Web5 concepts
- The Tech stack behind Web5
- The different Web5 components – DIDs, DWNs etc
- Use cases and the future of Web5
- No experience needed. We will understand Web5 from scratch.
Who this course is for:
- Everyone interested in latest trending topics in Technology
- Web Developers currently transitioning into Web3
- Professionals willing to learn a new skill