Learn how to build a RESTful API using ASP.NET Core API, Entity Framework, enterprise grade practices for a scalable and future proofed Web API solution. We will implement various support tools for logging, documentation, security and error handling.
ASP.NET Core based on the new .NET 5 runtime, is Microsoft’s modern, cross-platform framework for building enterprise ready web applications. In this course, you will learn everything you need to know about building a RESTful API using .NET Core 5, from understanding the folder structure and files, to building and deploying a complete web REST API.
.NET 6 is now available and is shipped with Visual Studio 2022. This course has been updated to show how you can create the project using Visual Studio 2022 and .NET 6.
Otherwise, everything in the project will work just the same if you are not inclined to upgrade, and even if you do.
Why Learn ASP.NET Core / .NET 5 / .NET 6
Microsoft .NET is the platform that drives the business technology of many of the top corporations in the United States and many other countries. It is the predominant technology used to drive enterprise-scale business technology. Companies have chosen .NET because for its proven scalability, reliability, and support. Not many technologies have achieved this level of stability, maturity and speed. Creating a flexible yet stable technology is quite a feat, and that’s exactly what ASP.NET Core developers have achieved.
The .NET language of choice to learn is C#, as it is among the most widely used languages today. It’s a general purpose programming language that can handle almost any problem, from desktop to mobile to dynamic web applications. As such, there is a high demand across the world for .NET developers in a variety of industries, so that means that more jobs are available for candidates with a foundation built upon .NET technologies.
Why Learn to Build An API
The acronym API means Application Programming Interface. The ability to design and maintain an API is an important toolset for the modern web developer. It allows you to extend the accessibility of your software to external applications and other developers, leading to a more global software solution.
REST APIs have become a standard in the industry because of their ability to serve essential functionality from any kind of backend, to any kind of frontend while catering to thousands of clients simultaneously. There is no time like now to skill up and start adding ASP.NET Core Web API to your skillset.
Build A Strong Foundation in .NET Programming:
- Build a fully data driven REST Web API using cutting edge technology
- Test and Troubleshoot using Postman
- Create a database using Entity Framework Core
- Unit Of Work and Generic Repository Pattern
- Dependency Injection
- Setup Logging using SeriLog
- Setup API documentation using SwaggerUI
- Understand the REST design principles
- Understand C# 9 and .Net Core Web Syntax
- Setup Identity Core for User Authentication and Authorization
- Understand user Authentication using JWT (JSON Web Tokens)
- Implement Refresh Tokens Endpoint
- Understand how to use Data Transfer Objects (DTOs) and AutoMapper
- Manage Packages with NuGet Manager
- API Caching, Versioning and Request Rate Throttling
- Understand .NET 5 workflows, tools and application development
- Setup GitHub for Source Control
- Deploy Application and Database On premises with Internet Information Systems (IIS) and Microsoft SQL Server (MSSQL)
- Deploy Applications and Database to Microsoft Azure
In order to take this course, you should have at least 3 months experience programming in C#. If you need to strengthen your C# fundamentals, you can take my C# beginner course C# Console and Windows Forms Development with LINQ & ADO .NET
Content and Overview
To take this course, you will need to have some knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, if not C#. Even if you do not have much exposure to the .NET development stack, this course is very beginner friendly and chock full of development tips.
This is a huge course. Over 10 hours of premium content, but smartly broken up to highlight a set of related activities based on each module in the application that is being built. We will also look at troubleshooting and debugging errors as we go along; implementing best practices; writing efficient logic and understanding why developers do things the way they do. Your knowledge will grow, step by step, throughout the course and you will be challenged to be the best you can be.
We don’t do things the perfect way the first time; that is not the reality of writing code. We make mistakes and point them out and fix them around them. By doing this, we develop proficiency in using debugging tools and techniques. By the time you have finished the course you will have moved around in Visual Studio and examined logic and syntax errors so much, that it will be second nature for you when working in the .NET environment. This will put your new learned skills into practical use and impress your boss and coworkers.
The course is complete with working files hosted on GitHub, with the inclusion of some files to make it easier for you to replicate the code being demonstrated. You will be able to work alongside the author as you work through each lecture and will receive a verifiable certificate of completion upon finishing the course.
Clicking the Take This Course button could be the best step you could take towards quickly increasing your income and marketability! Also, remember that if you don’t think the course is worth what you spent, you have a full 30 days to get a no questions asked refund!
It’s time to take action!
See you in the course!
What you’ll learn
- Build A Data Driven API using Entity Framework and .NET 5 (.NET 6 Upgrade)
- How to Build RESTful APIs with proper practices
- Configure Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS)
- Learn C# and Visual Studio Techniques
- Enterprise Level Design Patterns
- Using Production Grade Third-Party Tools
- Troubleshoot and Fix Practical Errors
- Use AutoMapper and Data Transfer Objects (DTOs)
- Use NuGet Package Manager
- Manage and Track Changes using GitHub
- Asynchronous Programming
- Custom Logging using SeriLog
- Use Swagger UI Documentation
- Deploy API to Microsoft Azure
- API Versioning
- API Caching
- A computer
- The Internet
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn REST API Development
- Anyone who wants to learn .NET 5 Development and Programming
- Anyone who wants to learn application and hosting and database hosting on Azure