Typescript is becoming more and more popular! And the beloved React framework has embraced it! But often making them work together can be tricky.
React means act in response to something; respond in a particular way. This is the way you will make your UI behave.
THIS COURSE USES REACT CLASSES WITH PROPS AND STATE.
In this short course you will learn how you can use them together, by building a small project:
- Learn how to use Typescript interfaces and React properties and state
- Learn how to configure React components as parent or child
- Learn to pass data between components
- Understand the React rendering process
- Use Typescript classes and inheritance to make the React code more robust
- Learn how to render React tables with async data.
- Learn how to handle events and build your own event types with Typescript
- Learn about React conditional rendering
In the second part of the course you will learn how to test your app with Jest:
- Jest testing setup
- Learn about jest coverage
- Test with React testing library
- Advanced jest testing techniques
- Initial setup with Create React app
- Extensive presentation on how to use components
- Build app features like React forms, navbar, Router, history
Practice with the following tools:
- NPM and NPM commands
- Visual Studio Code
- Short and concise: your time is precious
- Knowledgeable and programming active instructor
- Big font, dark background
- GitHub code diffs
At the end of the course, you will be ready to use these two awesome technologies together and test them with Jest!
Are you ready to use Typescript alongside React? Get your Typescript editor ready and start coding your next app with your favorite language and framework!
What you’ll learn
- Integrate Typescript with React apps
- React props and state using Typescript interfaces
- Build a small app with Typescript
- React Router and history
- React conditional rendering
- Handling parent and child components with Typescript
- Test React with Jest and React testing library
- Jest hooks, mocks and test suites
- Use interface, user interaction and async code testing
- Basic Typescript understanding
- Basic NodeJS and npm
- Basic usage of VSCode and the terminal
- Nice to have: basic React and Jest understanding
Who this course is for:
- Students who like Typescript and React and want to use them together
- Students who want to learn Jest testing