This course on how to learn is designed with life-long learning in mind for you to become a superlearner. Taking a holistic approach, we will explore the different areas and techniques that will make your study sessions engaging, avoid procrastination, and make study fun and stress-free.
The course is targeted for both students and people seeking adult education help, who work and want to increase their productivity and develop their career further. In fact, it is targeted for adults who want to keep learning efficiently for life to achieve personal success.
Within the course, we will first start by looking at time management. Specifically, how to efficiently process the huge amount of information that we receive on a daily basis. We will form the basis of a system that handles all the information. Then, we will talk about the importance of motivation, mood, nutrition, and exercise, and the role they play in learning and how to use them in our favour to enhance our learning capabilities. Then, we will learn a technique to create our study guide, a guide that will turn unstructured documentation into a highly customised learning highway. Effective use of time and recall is the following topic, where we will learn techniques to use time and recall efficiently the information we have previously learned, as well as techniques as important as the use of spaced repetition with software like Anki. Last but not least, we will talk about focus, a very important aspect to learning in order to decrease the study time while maximising productivity.
The different tools we you will learn in this course are:
- Making lists for high volume task management
- Prioritize in high volume tasks
- Separate the action and the strategy using the actionable tasks list and SMART goals
- The monthly tasks list
- The weekly tasks list
- Conquering your day with the daily tasks list
- Retrospective self-reflection
- Energy as a means of achieving more
- Filtering out harming negative content and news
- Self-care for study efficiency and improvement in performance
- Crafting a study guide
- Customized summaries
- Spaced repetition and efficient recalls
- Deep focus as a tool to increase performance
- Habit creation
- Avoiding procrastination
- Study planning
About the instructor
Marcel is an enthusiastic fast learner. He likes to learn everything that makes him happy, even if that involves complicated matters. He is a strong believer that complex things can be simplified into simple ones. After +15 years of experience in continuous fast learning, he holds a bachelor in telecommunications engineering in UPC, Barcelona, as well as a masters in computer vision. A MRes in Medical Imaging at UCL, in London and a PhD also by UCL in medical imaging helping to treat fetal illnesses such as Twin to Twin transfusion syndrome (TTTS).
He is also a certified ACC life coach, and founder of Inspiring Personal Growth where he aims to help people by providing them coaching services as well as mentoring in learning skills. He is also a taekwondo black belt training for more than 10 years, chess player, drummer, and dancer now for 2 years and a half. He likes to take on different learning activities that present a challenge and stimulate him intellectually and physically. Without further due, let’s crush it!
What you’ll learn
- Time Management
- Superlearner mindset
- Become superlearner
- Study techniques
- Study strategies
- Stress-free productivity
- Relaxation Techniques
- The mental palace
- The pomodoro technique
- Efficiency for study
- Projection to the future
- Study Guide
- Task lists systems
- Information overload handling techniques
- Prioritization in high volume of tasks
- Self-care for efficiency
- Filtering out negative inputs
- Spaced Repetition
- Distraction-free studying
- Study planning
- Impossible Associations
- Become a superlearner
- Growth Mindset
- Openness to try new techniques and systems.
- Willingness to take massive action.
- Willingness to be better everyday.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anybody who wants to become a superlearner and break-through in any subject.
- It is targeted mainly to two publics. On one side, students willing to improve their marks. On the other side, to working people who want to advance in their careers.