A SQL data analyst is a data scientist that uses the SQL language to interpret data.
This analysis is used to improve business information and provide new insights to managers.
SQL data analysts design scripts and programs to perform specific database functions and to analyse and maintain data.
Some SQL Data Analyst Duties and Responsibilities
Duties vary for SQL data analysts based on the specific needs of the hiring company and the amount of data being analysed. However, these core tasks are commonly associated with this job:
- Integrate Data
- SQL data analysts integrate data from multiple data sets into o:ne database system to streamline information.
- Create Database Functions
- SQL data analysts program specific database functions to create database triggers and design data tables.
- Design Reports
- After reviewing and analysing data, SQL data analysts design reports to show statistics and other information about specific database topics.
- Clean Database
- SQL data analysts remove dead data files and other irrelevant information to free up database space.
- Write Scripts
- SQL data analysts write scripts to analyse data and perform specific data queries.
- Resolve Data Issues
- SQL data analysts isolate and resolve issues with data and databases.
- Add Data
- SQL data analysts collect data from multiple sources and add it to the database.
We will be performing data analysis using SQL on relational databases like: MySQL, PostgreSQL and MS SQL Server.
A relational database is a type of database. It uses a structure that allows us to identify and access data in relation to another piece of data in the database. Often, data in a relational database is organized into tables. A relational database includes tables containing rows and columns. For example, a typical business order entry database would include a table that describes a customer with columns for name, address, phone number and so forth.
SQL or Structured Query Language is a critical tool for data professionals. It is undoubtedly the most important language for getting a job in the field of data analysis or data sciences. Millions of data points are being generated every minute. And raw data does not have any story to tell. After all this data gets stored in databases and professionals use SQL to extract this data for further analysis.
What you’ll learn
- Analyse and manipulate data
- Create Database and Tables
- Analyse data using aggregate functions
- Analyse data using analytic functions
- Analyse data using ranking functions
- Analyse data using various operators
- Analyse data using sub queries
- Analyse data using views
- Basic knowledge of SQL required
- Basic knowledge of database concepts
Who this course is for:
- Beginner Data Analyst
- Beginner Data Scientist