SharePoint Online for Administrators introduce the audience to SharePoint Online, Microsoft’s premiere collaborative platform that is included in the Microsoft 365 suite of products. You step inside the role of Administrator of Microsoft 365, and SharePoint, to explain and demonstrate the configuration options for SharePoint Online.
SharePoint Online for Administrator is appropriate for existing SharePoint on-premises administrators using versions 2016 onwards. If you are new to Office 365/Microsoft 365 and need to understand how to properly setup SharePoint Online for your organization, you’ll find this course extremely helpful as well. The course offers users insight into the difference between on-premises and online use cases of SharePoint with hands-on exercises. Skills you’ll learn in this course more specifically include:
- Understand the business and technical architecture of SharePoint Online.
- Expose you to the front and back-end capabilities of SharePoint Online.
- Learn how to configure SharePoint Online components.
- Work with Site Collections, Sites, Subsites, and SharePoint storage options
- Manage User Profile and Social Activity in SharePoint Online with MySites and Delve
- Understand and Configure External Data Connectivity and 3rd Party Applications in SharePoint Online
- Learn in-depth configuration and administration capabilities for Enterprise Content Management, Security, and Search in SharePoint Online
- Configure and Deploy Apps to and from SharePoint online to other Microsoft Platforms using Power Platform capabilities.
- Establish business best practices related to Information Rights Management and Governance.
What you’ll learn
- Learn how to support SharePoint Online using the Microsoft 365 Administrative Tools
- Gain deep insights on how to deploy SharePoint Online Collaboration Site Collections and Sites
- Configure and Design SharePoint Online Solutions following best practices for Enterprise Content Management, Search, Security, and Data Integration capabilities
- Implement best practices for policies and governance in SharePoint Online across the enterprise, including using Power Platform integration capabilities
- Learners should be Microsoft 365 Administrators
- Learners should have access to SharePoint 365 with Administrative Priveleges
- Learners should have access to their Azure Portal
- Learners may want to have access to Power Platform solutions (Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power BI)
- Learners must have access to the Internet to complete all exercises
Who this course is for:
- Microsoft 365 Administrators
- Microsoft 365 Professionals taking one or more certifications
- SharePoint 365 End-Users who want to learn how to administer SharePoint Online
- SharePoint On-Premises Users transitioning to SharePoint Online
- SharePoint Online Users who want to learn more about SharePoint Online Administration