This course will provide many useful tools for real estate investors and home buyers.
Real estate investing in a complex topic for many reasons. Real estate is a large investment, often requiring a significant part of an and individual’s asset portfolio. Real estate investing often requires financing which increases the complexity. The reason for purchasing real estate varies greatly form person to person, some looking for a long-term home, others looking primarily for an investment, most wanting some mixture of both. Regulations also play a significant role in real estate investing decisions.
We will include many example problems, both in the format of presentations and Excel worksheet problems. The Excel worksheet presentations will include a downloadable Excel workbook with at least two tabs, one with the answer, the second with a preformatted worksheet that can be completed in a step-by-step process along with the instructional videos.
This course will start out with the basics. We will discuss basic real estate terms because every specialized field will have terminology we need to understand to communicate well and make decisions.
Real estate transactions have many components and players involved. Once we understand the basic terminology, we will discuss how those components and players fit together for a real estate transaction to take place.
Because real estate is a long-term investment, we need to understand time value of money concepts. This course will provide a section explaining what time value of money concepts are and will demonstrate the tools needed to use time value of money concepts. We will learn how to use Excel formulas to calculate present value, future value, payments, and interest rates.
Learners will understand different financing options. We will apply our time value of money concepts as we create amortization schedules and worksheet to help us analyze different financing options.
What you’ll learn
- List and explain real estate related terms
- Describe the parties and components involved in a real estate transaction
- Explain what time value of money concept are and why they matter for real estate transactions
- Calculate present value using Excel formulas
- Calculate future value using Excel formulas
- Calculate payment amount PMT using Excel formulas
- Calculate interest rates using Excel formulas
- Describe common financing options and loan structures
- Build amortizations schedules using Excel
Who this course is for:
- People interested in real estate investing from beginners to advanced