This course is a project based course that will dive into bank feeds in detail using a step by step process.
We will start by setting up a free 30 day trial QuickBooks Online QBO file for the practice problem. Intuit, the owner of QuickBooks Online QBO, often offers a free 30 day trial period, a great tool for practice.
The course will demonstrate how to link QuickBooks Online QBO to the bank to receive bank data directly from the bank. We will also discuss the situations when you may want to download banking data from the bank and upload it to QuickBooks Online QBO.
Learners will follow along as we import bank data into the accounting software where it will be held in, what we call, Bank Feed Limbo, waiting for us to provide the added information necessary to use the data to create financial statements.
Learners will see how to add the bank data to the financial data in a step by step process, observing the creation of the balance sheet and profit and loss with each addition.
We will also discuss how to use bank rules to automate the process, benefiting future periods. As we enter data we will discuss best practices to make the data input as fast as possible and keep the financial statements as clean and readable as possible.
What you’ll learn
- How to access QuickBooks Online using a Free – Day trial period often offered by Intuit, owners of QuickBooks Online
- How to setup a company file
- How to link bank and credit card accounts for automatic bank feed data
- How to download bank data from your financial institution and upload it to QuickBooks Online
- How to create financial report data from the bank feed information
- How to create and use bank rules
Who this course is for:
- Business owners