Learn how to build APIs from scratch using the Python based libraries Flask and FastAPI. You will build plenty of applications and tools such as word dictionary and a google search page based solely on API obtained data.
The course assumes no prior programming experience. We will provide you with two introductory sections for Python where you will learn all the basics before moving to the API building lessons.
API stands for Application Programming Interface, a software-to-software interface that enables two applications to exchange data among each other. Each time we use an app like Facebook, send an instant message, or check the weather on our phone, we’re using an API. Simply put, when we use an application on our mobile phone, the application connects to the Internet and sends data to a server. The server then retrieves that data, interprets it, performs the necessary actions and sends us the information we wanted in a readable way — all of this happens via API.
APIs can be a service for developers. Every time developers write a new program, they don’t have to start from scratch to build a core application that tries to do everything. Instead, they can contract out certain responsibilities by using already created pieces that do the job better.
What you’ll learn
- Deep understanding about what an API is
- JSON and XML file structures
- API Design Patterns
- Building Dictionary APIs with Flask
- Using Python and VSCode to Design APIs
- Create Google Search Interface with APIs
- Get Started with FastAPI
- Build Image Filter with FastAPI
- Have desire to learn Python and Fast API
- Have Python and VSCode Installed
Who this course is for:
- Software Engineers
- Computer Science Students
- Complete Beginners who want to learn API Development