Did you know that Facebook Messenger, Skype, WhatsApp, Zoom, or other applications you use to connect with your family, friends, and colleagues record what you are chatting, talking and capture the data you present? They don’t share your private data; at least, they try to protect your data from hackers. However, these organizations use your data for analytics, which age group using which applications, topics in your conversations, etc.
The Privacy Act defines personal information as any recorded information about an identifiable individual, including race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, age or marital status. education, medical, criminal, or employment history of an individual, or information about financial transactions.
If you are wondering why you should take this course, let us help you. If you answer “No” to two or more of the following, this course is for you. Do you know:
· What is considered personal information under the privacy act?
· Privacy basics: what to collect and what to use?
· How to be sure you are handling personal information in accordance with the applicable law(s)
· How can you protect personal information entrusted to you
· How you can work at home and not introduce risk to your personal and business life
The course is designed to be an introductory course, and intentionally we made it very practical. We will show you how to discover personal information in your online and business activities. You will learn what you need to protect and why, and what you need to do to be compliant with the applicable law(s) and not even have to think about it.
If you are still not clear or have questions, please feel free to reach us! You can use any medium to reach us; through Udemy, Linkedin, or email us.
We can’t wait to see you in our class!
Amalia & Christine
What you’ll learn
- Understand what personal information is in the context of your business operations or your personal use
- Understand privacy basics: what to collect, what to use, how to be sure you are handling personal information in accordance with the applicable law(s)
- Understand what is considered personal information under the applicable privacy legislation
- How can you protect personal information entrusted to you
- How you can work at home and not introduce risk to your personal and business life
- No prior experience required
Who this course is for:
- Everyone using the Internet
- Anyone who owns a smartphone