This course is focused on a “must-have” skill of leadership that is rarely discussed – the ability to influence effectively behind-the-scenes in the organization. The intent is to empower you to move ideas and initiatives forward in your organization, and in doing so, enhance your stature and career potential.
If you believe that organizations must continually improve and innovate to survive and thrive in the future, the critical question becomes…
Where will those improvements and innovations come from? They don’t just happen.
Most likely many will occur through the efforts of employees who want to see their organizations – and see themselves – succeed. But, as we know full well, organizations are complex entities, and we often fail in our attempts to influence…. fail to have enough influence on the key decision-makers to make those proposed improvements, those potential innovations, ever take shape.
Most of us, when we meet such resistance, give up. Chalk our failure up to “politics” or “the powers that be.”
This happens all too frequently.
Each time is a lost opportunity… a lost opportunity for the organization and a lost opportunity for you, the individual attempting-to-influence.
What to do about it?
We believe you minimize lost opportunities by learning how to maximize your influence.
That’s because being able to influence is arguably the most valuable asset you can have inside an organization. Think about it – if you can influence others, the sky is the limit!
So what makes for improved influencing ability??
Why do some individuals seem to have greater influence on decisions than others?
From what we learned, those who do exert greater influence have something extra – beyond having the data and facts – they have an understanding of how decisions get made and how to have impact on those decisions. It is a special type of influence called “political savvy”.
What we know about this “political savvy” ability we learned from the experts – those that actually have been shown to have it…. and we are passing what we learned on to you. Contrary to some popular misconceptions, those that have shown to have “political savvy” practice ethical and effective leadership.
What you will learn here will enable you to:
– Succeed more often when you attempt to influence
– Have greater impact
– Build critical mass of support for ideas you care about
– Feel more confident, empowered, effective
– Utilize more of your energy, intellect and creativity
– Raise your game–
Political Savvy is also about being the ultimate team player – but one who is willing to use influence when influence is needed to achieve outcomes good for the organization.
So don’t sell yourself short! You can move the needle. You can be
a difference maker
an impact player
right there in the organization you work for……How?
By improving that which will allow you to lead, make a difference and have impact….
Your political savvy.
Let’s get started!
What you’ll learn
- How “political savvy” is all about ethical and effective leadership….
- The mindset needed to have IMPACT
- Why Influencing in organizational settings is so different and difficult!
- Self-imposed beliefs that stop us in our tracks
- Savvy strategies that work
- How to maximize your influence
- How to write your own “success story”
- those who want to succeed in the organizational environment
- those who are willing to use INFLUENCE to achieve favorable outcomes for their organization, their team and themselves
- those who desire to make more use of their talent, creativity and energy
- those who want to have IMPACT and make things happen
- those who want to maximize their opportunity to make a difference
Who this course is for:
- project leaders, team leaders, those who have to build support and cooperation
- those wishing to have more input into decisions
- those wishing to lead and influence
- those wanting to have a voice and have a meaningful role in the organization