What is ETL?
The ETL (extract, transform, load) process is the most popular method of collecting data from multiple sources and loading it into a centralized data warehouse. ETL is an essential component of data warehousing and analytics.
Why Pentaho for ETL?
Pentaho has phenomenal ETL, data analysis, metadata management and reporting capabilities. Pentaho is faster than other ETL tools (including Talend). Pentaho has a user-friendly GUI which is easier and takes less time to learn. Pentaho is great for beginners. Also, Pentaho Data Integration (PDI) is an important skill in data analytics field.
How much can I earn?
In the US, median salary of an ETL developer is $74,835 and in India average salary is Rs. 7,06,902 per year. Accenture, Tata Consultancy Services, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Capgemini, IBM, Infosys etc. are major recruiters for people skilled in ETL tools; Pentaho ETL is one of the most sought-after skills that recruiters look for. Demand for Pentaho Data Integration (PDI) techniques is increasing day after day.
What makes us qualified to teach you?
The course is taught by Abhishek and Pukhraj. Instructors of the course have been teaching Data Science and Machine Learning for over a decade. We have experience in teaching and implementing Pentaho ETL, Pentaho Data Integration (PDI) for data mining and data analysis purposes.
We are also the creators of some of the most popular online courses – with over 150,000 enrollments and thousands of 5-star reviews like these ones:
I had an awesome moment taking this course. It broaden my knowledge more on the power use of Excel as an analytical tools. Kudos to the instructor! – Sikiru
Very insightful, learning very nifty tricks and enough detail to make it stick in your mind. – Armand
Teaching our students is our job and we are committed to it. If you have any questions about the course content on Pentaho, ETL, practice sheet or anything related to any topic, you can always post a question in the course or send us a direct message.
Download Practice files, take Quizzes, and complete Assignments
With each lecture, there is a practice sheet attached for you to follow along. You can also take quizzes to check your understanding of concepts on Pentaho, ETL, Pentaho Data Integration, Pentaho ETL. Each section contains a practice assignment for you to practically implement your learning on Pentaho, ETL, Pentaho Data Integration, Pentaho ETL. The solution to Assignment is also shared so that you can review your performance.
By the end of this course, your confidence in using Pentaho ETL and Pentaho Data Integration (PDI) will soar. You’ll have a thorough understanding of how to use Pentaho for ETL and Pentaho Data Integration (PDI) techniques for study or as a career opportunity.
Use Pentaho Data Integration tool for ETL & Data warehousing. Do ETL development using PDI 9.0 without coding background
What you’ll learn
- Understanding of the entire data integration process using PDI
- Extracting data from all popular data sources including Excel, JSON, Zipped files, TXT files and even cloud storage
- Cleaning the data using Pentaho Data Integration
- Applying business rules on the data in PDI
- Different types of Data transformations
- Loading the data into different formats
- Managing SQL database using PDI
- Metadata Injection – a powerful tool offered by PDI
- Understanding of the concepts of data marts and data warehouse
- Basic understanding of the data storage concepts will be helpful. Coding background is NOT required for this course
Who this course is for:
- Students who want to have a career in the field of Data warehouse/ETL developer
- ETL developers and data process automation developers
- Business managers who want to understand the entire ETL process and become capable of implementing it