The course aims at developing basic understanding about nutrition, its effect on human health and newer advances in food technology. This course encompasses physiological, biochemical and social aspects of food and discusses relationship between metabolites and human health. Moreover, the course is focused on the advances in the most emerging area of applied science of Nutraceuticals (where food is the medicine). The knowledge of nutrition under extreme climate conditions, space nutrition, and sports nutrition empowers students’ knowledge and skills to utilize food as a powerful tool for physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
1. The course provides a detailed insight into understanding the composition, molecular interaction and bio-mechanisms of the food metabolites. 2. The course has a multidisciplinary emphasis providing a broad base of knowledge and understanding of the wide role of nutrition in sustaining health and preventing diseases. 3. It introduces students to most advanced aspects of food and nutrition to serve space nutrition, sports nutrition, understand genetically modified food, functional foods etc.
The course is aimed to enable students to gain knowledge about interaction between food, body and health under normal and special circumstances
To provide students with the knowledge of basic terminology and several aspects of nutrition and the functions of food in healthy life sustenance; • To ensure that students are familiar with the food classification, nutrition during special conditions and role of special functional food; • To equip students with knowledge and understanding of modern aspects of nutritional science and food usage
A successful completion of this course will enable students to: – summarize and critically discuss/ understand both fundamental and applied aspects of food science. They will be able to explain functions of specific nutrients in maintaining health, identifying nutrient specific foods and apply principles from the various facets of food science and related disciplines to solve practical as well as real-world problems. – use current information technologies to locate and apply evidence-based guidelines and protocols and get imparted with critical thinking to take leadership roles in fields of health, dietetics, special nutritional needs and nutritional counseling.
Coaching has long been an accepted method of improving performance, specifically in sports. The excellent results shown in the sports arena have been expanded to those in executive positions in business.
For the last fifteen to twenty years, many more people have been exposed to the idea of coaching in all aspects of their lives. Coaches must have the necessary life experiences and communication skills to be totally present to their clients, to really listen to them, and provide a safe arena to express ideas.
This course will focus on how to be a Life Coach. Life Coaching is an occupation where you work with individuals who wish to make a change in their lives. By working with clients to evaluate their lives on a personal, professional, and spiritual level, you help them to make realistic goals and establish the necessary steps required to reach those goals.
As a life coach, you will join the client in focusing on his or her goals. Together, you will formulate ways to approach those goals, and in a nonthreatening way help your client be held accountable to those goals.
As a life coach, you must be constantly observant and flexible, when one approach to a perceived problem is not working, then you must be able to formulate another approach. Similarly, if something worked well for a client, your job will be to help your client incorporate that successful approach in other areas of their lives.
What you’ll learn
- get imparted with critical thinking to take leadership roles in fields of health, dietetics, special nutritional needs and nutritional counseling.
- use current information technologies to locate and apply evidence-based guidelines and protocols
- apply principles from the various facets of food science and related disciplines to solve practical as well as real-world problems.
- Define life coaching.
- Describe responsibilities of a life coach
- Define goal setting.
- NO requirements or prerequisites
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is interested or have passion to learn more
- Anyone who is interested to learn about life coach and improve their lives
- Anyone who is interested in nutrition and dieting