Learn the secrets of never manually creating a reference or in-text citation again, with Mendeley Reference Manager and take your research paper writing to the next level!
- Have you spent countless hours trying to cite in the right referencing style only to discover that you had done it all wrong and lost marks on your paper?
- Have you been manually creating your references?
- Do you write a lot of research papers and have to cite a range of sources often?
- Do you want to save time when referencing your academic work?
- Have you wondered if there is a tool that can help you? Then let’s make Referencing Easy with this course designed just for you!
What is reference management software and why should you use it?
Reference management software allows you to collect, store and organise your references, and insert them into your documents quickly and easily.
Once you have stored a reference, you can use it over and over again in your reference list or bibliography. This can save you a lot of time, as you don’t have to manually type a reference each time you cite a particular source.
Content and Overview
This brand-new course will take you from the very basics of how to download and install Mendeley, all the way to generating in-text citations and compiling your reference list or bibliography for your research in the referencing style of your choice.
We pretty much cover it all so that the next time you are researching and writing your assignment or paper, you have the knowledge and practical skills you need when it comes to the dreaded referencing.
We are going to teach you the skills that will allow you spend less time worrying about referencing and more time writing up your research.
I designed this course to be easily understood by everyone, there are no requirements to join the course, we only ask that you come open minded and ready to learn.
By the end of this course, you’ll know how to use Mendeley to help you become a productive and successful researcher.
See you inside the course!
What you’ll learn
- Create a Mendeley account
- Download Mendeley desktop software
- Use the Mendeley Web Importer
- Add a reference from Google Scholar, databases, ebooks, journal articles, websites and YouTube video with one click into your library
- Manually create a citation
- Add existing references to your Mendeley library
- Organise your reference library using folders
- Read and annotate documents in your library
- Share papers and collaborate with other researchers
- Generate in-text citations in Microsoft Word in the referencing style of your choice
- Generate your bibliography in Microsoft Word in the referencing style of your choice
- An eagerness to learn and a strong desire to save time by learning how to use Mendeley Reference Manager effectively is all that we ask!
- A PC or laptop capable of running Mendeley Reference Manager and an internet connection.
Who this course is for:
- Students at school, college or university who no longer want to spend hours manually referencing their research.
- Academics looking to improve their research workflow and save time.
- Academics looking to publish articles to journals which require different referencing styles for submission of their paper.
- Librarians and information professionals with an interest in reference management software.
- Teachers who want to learn about the tool and teach to their students.