This is a course in three sections – and is current as of JULY 2021. Right up to date!
Section 1 is comprised of TWELVE lectures covering the following topics common to Sociology courses:
- Pregnancy and Parenting
- Gay and Lesbian lifestyles
- Marriage and relationships
- Men and Women
- Ageing and Death
- Anger and Anxiety
- Sociology itself
These lectures follow a particular format, heavily based on current events (the lectures will be updated over time). Articles, poetry and definitions are all discussed. Further reading and exercises are given.
Also such sub-topics as:
Throughout there is a heavy emphasis in being up to date, using current materials for discussion. The Q/A is seen as an integral part of the course. You will be given ideas for discussion, articles to read, films to watch. A textbook is also included in PDF format and there is a link to an online textbook
The more you become involved, the more you will enjoy the course.
This section is about using Poetry to teach Sociology. Examples are given and published research is referred to.
Section 3 : Five
This section is divided into three sections:
- Articles in the last 24 hours
Students are asked to watch/read/listen to articles and films and then post their reactions. The films (short) feature such topics as homelessness, the family, media and murder and Artificial Intelligence.
This course has variety. It has depth. Most importantly, if you enrol AND participate: it has you.
What you’ll learn
- Key areas of discussion in Sociology such as Gender, Race, Parenting, Lifestyles.
- Everything in this course is very much up to date so…’current Sociology’!
- How poetry is used to teach/learn Sociology
- No – you are part of the subject
Who this course is for:
- Everyone who exists
- Students about to begin a course at college about Sociology
- Professors seeking course material
- All interested in society