This QuickBooks Online Job Costing course will provide the resources for learners to develop a solid understanding of job costing concepts and the tools QuickBooks provides to create an effective job costing system.
We will discuss the process of setting up QuickBooks for a job costing system.
The course will describe the terminology used by software and by the industry, such as jobs, sub customers, and projects.
Learners will understand how to set up projects and how they function to track costs and revenue per job.
We will cover how to enter bills and allocate costs to jobs using forms such as bill forms and expense forms.
The course will discuss the concept of a double-sided or two-sided items, how to create them, and why they are necessary for job costing.
Learners will know how to apply materials to jobs.
We will discuss how to apply direct labor to a job.
The course will show how to apply overhead to jobs.
Learners will be able to create invoices for the job using either the estimate or the actual billed costs.
What you’ll learn
- How to set up a job costing system using QuickBooks Online
- How to enter job or project estimates
- How to create jobs or projects
- How to bill for jobs or projects
- How to set up two sided or double sided items
- How to apply materials to jobs or projects
- How to apply direct labor to jobs or projects
- How to apply overhead to jobs or projects
- How to create an invoice from actual costs
- How to create an invoice from an estimate
None – QuickBooks generally provide a free 30 trial (great tool)
Who this course is for:
- Business professionals in an industry using job costing
- Accounting professionals who want to learn job costing
- Students who want to apply job costing concepts to accounting software