In the first section, I’ll be discussing basic Asset Management concepts. In the following sections, I’ll be going over the ISO 27002 Asset Management sub-clauses one by one. The video format is “presentation-with-voiceover”. This course is for absolute beginners who don’t know anything about information technology asset management.
So, why learn about information technology asset management, through learning about ISO 27002, Clause 8? If you’re not familiar with it already, the ISO 27000 family of international standards is very popular and is the gold standard for Information Security Management Systems. Thus, basing your knowledge on what this standard has to say lays a good foundation for further learning. This is a beginner-level course. The ISO 27000 family of standards can be applied to any organization of any type or size. Numerous reputable organizations use this standard when developing and implementing their IT Asset Management System. So, if you want to know about the codes of practice and guidelines they follow, then this course will be helpful.
This course is also useful if you’re learning about the ISO 27000 family of standards. ISO 27001 focuses on developing an overall Information Security Management System. ISO 27002, focuses on implementation guidance for specific security techniques. Clause 8 is called “Asset Management” and that’s mainly what I’ll be discussing in this course.
What you’ll learn
- You’ll get an overview of what asset management is
- You’ll familiarize yourself with ISO 22000 Clause 8, which is Asset Management
- You learn about the identifying, classifying, and labelling assets
- You’ll learn about various asset management concepts like ownership, & asset life cycle.
There are no prerequisites for taking this course. You’ll learn everything you need to know.
Who this course is for:
- It’s for someone who doesn’t know the first thing about Asset Management, and wants to start learning.
- This course can be useful for someone learning about the ISO 27000 family of standards.