This course is an easy introductory overview of ISO 14001:2015. The teaching style is a presentation with voiceover. After completing this course you’ll have a basic understanding of the Plan-Do-Check-Act methodology, how it’s applied to create ISO 14001:2015, the purpose of the standard, and what it is comprised of.
The standard is detailed in a document consisting of 10 clauses as per Annex SL, just like all the other ISO management systems. In this course, I’ll be giving you a brief explanation of each of the clauses. The standard is designed to help organizations create a framework on which to base their environmental management system.
It focuses on understanding the needs and expectations of interested parties, and the issues surrounding the environmental performance of the organization to derive environmental objectives and determine compliance obligations. It further expects leadership to play an active key role in driving the organization towards achieving strategic goals. And, thus, developing an Environmental Management System that is comprised of competent staff, well-organized resources, and effective procedures to monitor, analyze and evaluate environmental aspects and causes of pollution.
ISO 14001:2015 is a generic management system that doesn’t specify specific goals, and instead provides a framework for organizations to follow to meet the environmental objectives they set themselves.
What you’ll learn
- Purpose/ Basic description of ISO 14001:2015
- Clause-by-clause overview
- Annex SL overview
- Plan-Do-Check-Act Methodology
- GAP Analyses
- Bonus course: Risk-Based Thinking as per ISO 9001:2015
- Anyone can take this course with no prior knowledge of Management systems
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn the basics of ISO 14001:2015
- Anyone who wants to expand their knowledge about Management Systems
- Anyone in any commerce field who wants to learn about popular ISOs