What you’ll learn
- How Domain Names Work
- The Role of Domain Registrars
- How to Register a Domain Name
- Types of Domains (TLD, CCTLD)
- How to conduct a WHOIS Search
- The Role of ICANN
- How to Register a domain using GoDaddy
- Domain Name Server Administration
- How to Administer a domain name using Godaddy/Namecheap
- Setting up Domain Name Privacy, Auto-Renewal, Domain Forwarding
- Types of Web Hosting
- Case Analysis – Shared, Virtual Private, Dedicated, Cloud Hosting
- Assessing Scalability and Resource Requirements
- Basic Computer Skills
- Free time
Domain Names Section:
We provide an overview of the domain name registration process. This includes the role of registrars and TLD (Top Level Domain) administration by ICANN. ccTLD’s (Country Code Top Level Domains) are also explored.
Students will gain hands-on experience with the registration process using popular domain registrars such as GoDaddy/Namecheap. We will provide a comparison of different registrars and register a sample domain name using GoDaddy/Namecheap. Other topics of discussion will include domain name privacy and administration, auto-renewal, domain forwarding, and name server assignment.
Web Hosting Section:
We conduct an in-depth case analysis of web hosting solutions including Shared, Virtual Private, Dedicated, and Cloud Hosting.
We provide an overview of various packages offered by different web hosting companies and weigh the pros and cons of each one.
Students are also introduced to the importance of web server scalability and the advantages of cloud hosting over traditional hosting services. We also examine the infrastructure requirements of popular, resource-intensive applications such as Netflix and Facebook to emphasize the importance of avoiding costly mistakes in the initial stages of development.
*Free Domain name Registration
If you are a student and have a valid Student ID, then I will show you how you can get access to 3 Domain names for free plus 50+ Developer tools worth up to $1000 and in this course, we will show you how to register for the same.
Who this course is for:
- Students interested in starting a Website
- Students interested in hosting a Web Application using different Hosting Packages
- Students interested in registering a Domain name
- Students interested in gaining knowledge about web development
- Developer Tools
- Web Hosting