CISSP stands for Certified Information Systems Security Professional and is an important certification on information security granted by the International Information System Security Certification Consortium, also known as (ISC)².
Uplatz provides this extensive course on CISSP certification preparation to help you crack the CISSP certification exam as well as to gain extensive knowledge of cybersecurity resulting into a successful career as IT/IS/Cyber Security professional.
CISSP is a vendor-neutral certification highlighting the qualifications of information security professionals with an objective measurement of competence as well as a globally recognized standard of achievement. CISSP certification basically implies that the information security professional demonstrates a working knowledge of information security, confirms commitment to the profession, and establishes a standard of best practices. What this certification essentially assures is that an employee is qualified to protect even the most sensitive systems.
For System & Information Security professionals, one of the most coveted certifications is CISSP. As more and more businesses are adopting technology and are moving their operations online, as such the risk of data and security breaches become more prominent which can cost hugely to the organizations. Thus the requirement for highly skilled professionals in the systems security industry is growing rapidly. Protecting classified information that is stored digitally from cyberattacks or technology breaches is one of the prominent topics of discussion in today’s era. The CISSP Certification is the most well-worth credential in the field of data security. The CISSP credential works as a declaration of the cyber security professional’s technical and managerial knowledge as well as abilities. It also authenticates their broad working experience identifying with planning, managing, and designing the security framework of the organization.
As per top job portals such as Glassdoor and Indeed, the average salary of a Certified Cyber Security Analyst ranges upwards of $100,000 every year. According to New York Times, there are 3.5 million unfilled cybersecurity jobs in 2021 and with the booming demand for skilled cybersecurity professionals, this number is expected to grow manifold in the years to come.
Structure of the CISSP exam
The Exam of CISSP depends on the 8 data security areas that assume a considerable job in enlarging the guidelines of security in the national corporations, infrastructure, and data frameworks. The eight spaces of the CISSP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK) incorporate Risk and Security Management, Asset Security, Security Engineering, Communication and Network Security, Identity and Access Management, Software Development Security, Security Assessment and Testing, and Security Operations.
The essential goal of these recognized areas is to assist experts in building up sound information and comprehension of the data security needs of a business venture. With the combination of human, administrative, and specialized angles, the exam of CISSP endeavors to construct better cooperation among information and system security.
The respective weightage of the 8 domains in the CISSP exam are:
- Security and Risk Management – 15%
- Asset Security – 10%
- Security Architecture and Engineering – 13%
- Communication and Network Security – 13%
- Identity and Access Management (IAM) – 13%
- Security Assessment and Testing – 12%
- Security Operations – 13%
- Software Development Security – 11%
Candidates undergo a three-hour English exam consisting of 100 to 150 questions for the computerized adaptive testing (CAT); alternatively, they answer 250 questions in a six-hour testing window if taking the linear, fixed-form test administered in all other languages. The CISSP exam contains multiple-choice and advanced innovative questions on various areas related to information systems security and cyber security.
Prerequisites for applying for CISSP certification
- At least 5 years of working involvement with various CISSP-CBK spaces is compulsory
- Applicants must have a Graduate Degree of 4-years or Equivalent
- The Approved List of (ISC)2 Credential Credit will represent the 1-year experience
- The Associate of (ISC)2 must acquire 5 years working involvement with the next 6 years.
- Unpracticed Candidates can become (ISC)2 Associate by finishing the Exam of CISSP
Work Experience requirements
As per ISC2 website, the candidates must have a minimum of five years cumulative paid work experience in two or more of the eight domains of the CISSP CBK. Earning a four-year college degree or regional equivalent or an additional credential from the (ISC)² approved list will satisfy one year of the required experience. Education credit will only satisfy one year of experience.
In summary, the work experience must be within two or more of the eight domains of the (ISC)² CISSP CBK. These are:
- Domain 1. Security and Risk Management
- Domain 2. Asset Security
- Domain 3. Security Architecture and Engineering
- Domain 4. Communication and Network Security
- Domain 5. Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Domain 6. Security Assessment and Testing
- Domain 7. Security Operations
- Domain 8. Software Development Security
Top job titles in the area of cybersecurity include:
- Cybersecurity Analyst
- Cybersecurity Consultant
- Cybersecurity Manager
- Software Developer
- Systems Engineer
- Network Engineer
- Penetration & Vulnerability Tester
- Cybersecurity Specialist
- Incident & Intrusion Analyst
This CISSP training will help you advance your information security career with CISSP certification and become a cybersecurity expert. This CISSP certification training is designed to provide you deep-dive into the cybersecurity world with focus on high-level management principles and security theory. The CISSP certification preparation course starts with the basics of cybersecurity, risk analysis concepts, cybersecurity goals & standards, types of cyber attacks, and the like, to describing the CISSP certification guide and career path including the CISSP exam preparation techniques. The CISSP course then proceeds to the in-depth description of each of the 8 domains required to become a Certified Information Systems Security Professional.
Uplatz’s CISSP certification course provides you the required skills and knowledge of the eight fundamental domains of information security, and a comprehensive understanding of information security. This course will help you clear the CISSP exam as well as to implement the core concepts of IT security in your organization effectively. This CISSP course also includes a number of quizzes and the most frequently asked questions on the different domains to help you prepare well for the CISSP certification exam.
What you’ll learn
- Learn the essentials of cybersecurity
- Know the goals, standards, challenges of information systems security
- Understand the CISSP exam certification guide, exam structure, CISSP domains
- Learn the essential CISSP preparation techniques
- Learn in-depth about all 8 CISSP domains – concepts, application
- Practice the CISSP domain quizzes to get prepared for the CISSP certification exam
Passion and determination to achieve your goals!
Who this course is for:
- Security Directors/Managers
- IT Security Consultants
- Beginners & newbies aspiring for a career in IT Security / Cybersecurity
- Security System Engineers
- Security Auditors
- IT Security Architects
- Cyber Security Analysts
- Chief Information Security Officers
- Anyone interested in Information Systems Security
- Network Architects
- Information Security Consultants/Managers
- Active Directory Experts
- Cyber Experts
- Security Operations Advisors – CISM/CISSP
- Advanced Cyber Security Architects/Engineers
- System Engineers
- Cybersecurity Professionals