In this course, you will learn how releasing the pain from the past is more complicated than just “getting over it.” There are emotional, physical, and mental reasons why letting go of the past is so difficult. Students will learn that their view of forgiveness can add to the difficulty of putting the past behind them. They’ll explore what forgiveness is and what forgiveness isn’t. This knowledge will assist in letting go of the hurt and moving forward with their life in joy.
There isn’t a person in the world who hasn’t been hurt by someone. Releasing the pain from these wounds is difficult for many, if not most. The number and type of hurts suffered in the past, combined with thoughts and beliefs, can make it difficult to release the past. When you add the biochemical response the body has to hurt, it’s a wonder anyone can forgive another.
Many people know its difficult to release or forgive the past. They also may know why forgiveness is so very important for them. The question they are left with is, “If forgiving is so good for me, how do I let all the pain go?” In this course, you will be introduced to a number of activities and techniques to assist them in forgiving and releasing the past.
What you’ll learn
- How to cope with loss/grief ( focusing on relationship breakups)
- How loss impacts our emotional, mental, and physical body.
- What forgiveness is and What forgiveness is not
- Practical approaches to working through grief, heartbreak and or betrayal
No prerequisites, A journal or diary encouraged for reflection exercises
Who this course is for:
- The woman/man who wonders if she can ever trust again
- The newly divorced who built their life around the family
- The couple wondering WHAT HAPPENED to their relationship and how to move on
- The professional whose emotions from their loss are affecting their job performance
- The employee who was BETRAYED by their boss