Creating the graphics is only one part of the job!
There is so much more that goes on behind the scenes that can eat into your design time – and PROFITS – if you don’t have your business model set up to protect you and create a transparent and open designer/client relationship at the same time.
Running a small business always has a fair share of the unexpected. Things happen outside the usual ‘get hired – do the design – get paid’ operations that can slow you down. And even worse, slow down profits.
Over my 20 year career in design, I’ve started outlining where I’ve seen productivity waiver, what mistakes I’ve learned a lot from, and what is totally avoidable (and how).
We’ll go over all too common issues that come up with design clients and how to solve them!
We are going to go into:
- Creating disclosures – including samples you can tailor to fit your business so you don’t have to start from scratch!
- How to send final logo files packaged like a rockstar designer
- How to negotiate with people asking for free work
- Creating boundaries on your scope of work so you don’t get used and/or discouraged
- Discounts, payments, and pricing structures
- How to head off a difficult client early on
- And so much more!
By the end of this class, you’ll be well on your way to having a bulletproof business up and running the right way – FAST!
Avoid the mistakes and time-wasting pitfalls so common in the industry so you can focus on the creative part – the whole reason you got into it in the first place!
Full eBook included!
What you’ll learn
- How to avoid endless revisions on projects!
- How to get paid ON TIME!
- How to avoid time-wasting clients!
- How to handle clients that do everything last minute!
- How to handle people looking for discounted rates!
- How to upsell your logo projects!
- – And More!
- Anyone interested in running a design business with less hassle and wasted time!
Who this course is for:
- Freelance designers
- Graphic design students
- Design business owners