“Great course. I have been using Jira board to drive delivery of projects at work and never thought to apply this in my personal life. Since I set it up two weeks ago, I am more organized. I can easy add tasks onto the backlog and decide what needs to be done next and what can go into upcoming sprints. Thanks Peter.” – Simangele S.
“The course provides step by step guidance on how to use a Kanban board. If used as taught, the use of a Kanban board can be life changing.” – Kobus A.
“Easy to use, simplistic and made me understand the whole concept of a Kanban board – work tasks are easier to work through and get done and no more been overwhelmed.” – Denise M.
“I enjoy all things involving organizing, setting up systems, and getting things done. This is a great and simple system to learn. Peter is great instructor. Explained things clearly, to the point and at a good pace. He was also encouraging.” – Desirae S.
“The course is very informative. Putting what everyone ought to know in a simple well understood language. Lecturer is Well articulated and in command of his information.” – Charles R.
In this course, you will learn how to drive progress with practical techniques for how to use Kanban boards in a team or individual project. I teach you exactly how these boards work, why they are so powerful and how they help you visualise your workflow so you can get more done. There’s an assignment in the course that will get you to set up a Kanban board for a work or personal project. You will actually apply these principles in your own situation so you achieve your goals of being more productive and getting things done.
In this course you will benefit from
- An overview demonstration lesson of a Kanban board and all the key elements
- A lesson in which I explain key concepts like cadence and limit work in progress
- Demonstration lessons of software tools like JIRA and Trello for Kanban boards and how to use them
- A simulated online meeting using MS Teams when you will see a team Kanban board in action
- An assignment that describes exactly what you need to do to get set up and get going
- Your observations and learning from this assignment so you can learn and improve
- Clear explanations, 1:1 lessons, visual demonstrations, downloadable resources and more
Kanban boards are extremely powerful for making progress, so take advantage of my experience by getting these benefits when you enrol and go through the course. You can also introduce yourself to other students, ask questions, interact with myself to get feedback and also test your knowledge with quizzes.
What you’ll learn
- The principle of Limit Work In progress and how this helps manage workflow
- How to use a digital or physical Kanban board for a team project or personal tasks
- How to set up and manage tasks on a project in JIRA using a Kanban board
- What are some of the tools that you can use for digital Kanban boards
- How the digital Kanban boards work and how you use them in an online team meeting
- What is “cadence” in a project and how that creates momentum for future progress
- Demo of how to manage team updates with a Kanban board in an online Microsoft Teams meeting
- What are swimlanes on a Kanban board and how you can use them to be more effective in your projects
- The software demonstrations use free versions of Microsoft Teams, JIRA & Trello; there are links to these in the course
- The lessons in this course are not limited to software development. The principles of Kanban apply to all tasks and projects
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to manage tasks better; individually, in projects or teams
- Students tackling research projects will benefit from getting organised with Kanban
- A busy mom who needs to organise her family can use Kanban boards
- Project managers should definitely use Kanban boards to get their projects moving
- A scrum master using Agile techniques will use Kanban boards during the daily stand up meeting
- An event manager that needs to track all the tasks to successfully complete their project