This course on equity products introduces equities by providing an overview of the types of products, including both direct and indirect investments. The program demonstrates the types of shares and exchanges and investors. It also discusses importance of diversification and volatility, and the role each plays in equity portfolios. The course will then further cover equity indices and go into some depth in covering tracking funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs). The program introduces derivatives, forward contracts, futures, equity swaps, options, and structured products.
This course consists of 16 lectures across 3 sections:
· An Introduction to Equities
· Understanding Equity Indices
· How to Buy the Market
What you’ll learn
- To describe the full range of equity products available globally.
- To discuss the structure and pricing of equities and their indices.
- To articulate how equity products are traded.
- To understand the various relevant equity derivative products and how they work.
- Participants are expected to have basic math knowledge coming into this course.
- Knowledge of the English language.
Who this course is for:
- All levels of participants are encouraged to take this course.