Diversity in the workplace is vital for employees because it manifests itself in building a great reputation for the company, leading to increased profitability and opportunities for workers.
Workplace diversity is important within the organization as well as outside.
Diversity in the workplace means that a company’s workforce includes people of varying gender, age, religion, race, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, religion, languages, education, abilities, etc.
Why is workplace diversity so important?
In the modern, globally connected society and market, workplace diversity is becoming a necessity rather than a banner companies wave to show their commitment to embracing differences.
Most of modern companies can sell their products all over the world, reaching many different groups of people. In order to successfully create, present and sell their products in this global market, companies need a diversified workforce.
So, in this class our Learning Objectives are:
- Understand what diversity and its related terms mean
- Be able to identify your stereotypes
- Understand what terms are politically correct and which are not, and why
- Be familiar with the four cornerstones of diversity
- Develop a technique for dealing with inappropriate behavior
- Develop a management style to encourage diversity
- Know what to do if you or one of your employees feels discriminated against
So, shall we get started? I wish you happy learning!
What you’ll learn
- How to Identify Stereotypes
- How to Manage for Diversity
- How to Deal with Descrimination
- How Does Diversity Affect Me
- Open mindedness
- No experience required
Who this course is for:
- Human Resources