China hosts one of the world’s largest and most developed FinTech eco-systems. This course aims to provide an overview of the major TechFin players in China. Participants will gain insights into how China is spearheading innovative FinTech business models and how Chinese Big-Tech is entering the FinTech space. In this course, you will be introduced to the concept of “super apps” and their fundamentals, blockchain and digital currencies, the cashless payments landscape in China and much more.
1. TechFin Landscape
TechFin and FinTech are very similar, but have one fundamental difference in their structures. In this chapter, you will get a big picture view of what TechFins are, and how these giants are turning the FinTech landscape upside down, both in China and across the globe.
2. Example of TechFin: Ant Group
Ant Group is the world’s largest Techfin. In this chapter, you will discover how it came to be the largest player in the space, the company’s main products and the tech behind them, as well as Alibaba’s ecosystem and Alipay’s key success factors.
3. Introduction to Chinese Super Apps
As China expands its reach on the global stage, previously regular apps start turning into Super Apps. In this chapter you will understand what Super Apps are, what makes these apps “super”, why China is leading in this domain and an outlook on the future of this tech.
4. China’s Cashless Society and Payment’s Landscape
Innovation in payment is the largest reason why China is leading the global FinTech industry. In this chapter, you will have a full 360 view of the Chinese payment solutions, technologies and innovations that have brought China to the forefront of the FinTech stage.
Learn more with our expert, Yassine Regragui, who is a Fintech & China Specialist with over 10 years international working experience, including 6 years in China. Yassine started his career in Shanghai as an entrepreneur. He worked for two Chinese start-ups before building an e-commerce platform with a Chinese partner. Later he joined Alibaba’s Group to Accelerate AliExpress’s global expansion, and then Ant Group to launch and lead Alipay’s multilingual app for non-Chinese users. At Deloitte Paris, Yassine has developed the payment and Chinese consulting practice, and led the china Pay offering. Yassine is a certified Fintech Expert by Alibaba Business School, book author and visiting lecturer in leading business schools and universities such as HEC Paris and ESSEC.
What you’ll learn
- How Chinese TechFins work, why they are successful and how they are going global
- Why China seems to be the leading adopter of FinTech solutions
- About a range of Chinese FinTech case studies, like AliPay
- How the Chinese society functions in a cashless payments eco-system
- No experience necessary- a desire to learn about China and their association with the FinTech revolution.
Who this course is for:
- Financial services professionals, students and experts who want to understand the rise of FinTech in China