In this course, you will learn C# programming for desktop applications. This journey will have you becoming proficient in
- Visual Studio Interface and Shortcuts
- Console Application Development with C#
- Data Driven Graphical User Interface Applications using Windows Forms
- Managing Databases with SQL Server Management Studio
- Developing User and Roles Management Interfaces and functions
- Using Utility Classes for cleaner code
- Developing Multi-Document Interface (MDI) Applications
- Applying Object Oriented Programming with C#
- Adding a Visual Studio Project to Source Control
These lessons assume no prior knowledge of programming or the C# language, and will have you up and running in no time. By the end of this course, you will have enough knowledge to build a functional Windows Forms Application, connected to a Microsoft SQL Server Database, with all your program code and changes being tracked on GitHub.
Get an “Entry Level” .NET Developer job in an organization, with the skills you will get from this course.
Why Learn C# Language
C# is the most versatile programming language in .NET Framework and .NET Core. Not only can you build Windows client applications, but you can also use C# to build Web and mobile apps.
C# can be used to build:
- Windows client applications using Windows Forms, WPF and UWP.
- Web applications with ASP.NET and ASP.NET Core.
- Native iOS and Android mobile apps using Xamarin.
- Libraries, components, and console applications
- Cloud and Azure apps
- Block chain apps
- Not only is C# language supported and maintained by Microsoft, but it also has a strong community support. More than 5 million developers use C# language. .NET Core and C# compiler are open source and the adoption is growing in open source community.
Build A Strong Foundation in C# Programming:
- Understand C# Syntax
- Understand Datatypes and Variables
- Understand Sequence, Decision and Repetition Control Structures
- Understand String Manipulation
- Understand Date and Time Manipulation
- Understand Object Oriented Programming, Classes and Objects
- Understand Visual Studio
- Understand Debugging Techniques
- Understand Event Driven Development
- Develop Console Applications
- Develop Windows Forms
- Develop Data Driven Applications
- Understand LINQ and Data Queries with C# Syntax
- Setup Login and User Management Functionality
Content and Overview
This course is very beginner-friendly and chock full of development tips. This huge course offers premium content, smartly broken up to highlight a set of related activities based on each module. We will also look at troubleshooting and debugging errors as we go along; implementing best practices; writing efficient logic and understanding why developers do things the way they do. Your knowledge will grow, step by step, throughout the course and you will be challenged to be the best you can be.
By the time you have finished the course, you will have moved around in Visual Studio and examined logic and syntax errors so much, that it will be second nature for you when working in the .NET environment. This will put your newly learned skills into practical use and impress your boss and coworkers.
The course is complete with working files hosted on GitHub, with the inclusion of some files to make it easier for you to replicate the code being demonstrated. You will be able to work alongside the author as you work through each lecture and will receive a verifiable certificate of completion upon finishing the course.
What you’ll learn
- Understand how to Create and run Console Applications
- Understand how to Create and run Windows Forms Applications
- Understand Basic C# Syntax – blocks of code, curly braces, comments
- Understand how to use string interpolation, concatenation and general manipulation
- Understand Variables and Objects
- Understand how to use C# operators for math and logic tasks
- Understand Windows Forms Visual Elements and Controls
- Understand different data types, when they are used and how they behave.
- Understand Methods and their return types
- Understand how to build Classes
- Understand how to create Windows Forms and how to manipulate them (Open, Close, Hide, etc)
- Understand how to pass data between forms
- Understand how to connect Windows Forms applications to a database
- Understand how to write LINQ queries.
- Understand how to connect to and upload a project to GitHub
- A Computer
- Willingness to Learn
Who this course is for:
- Anyone wanting to learn LINQ
- Anyone wanting to learn .NET Programming with C#
- Anyone Wanting to learn Desktop Development with Windows Forms