This course will give you a good understanding of the Business of Logistics and what is the role of it from our daily operational experience. You will learn what is logistics Management, supply chain management, and procurement as well as we will discuss the transportation of cargo processes via Air cargo and Ocean Cargo. Topics like inventory and warehouse management will be covered.
Business of logistics is your guide to develop your logistics skills by knowing what is the role of it. Logistics is extremely complex so you have to be very analytical in order to make savings and improve your daily operations.
The course is mainly design for Logistics Supervisors, Logistics students, and It will be also very helpful for anyone who wants to develop his\her career in Logistics and supply chain.
What am going to cover in this course are;
Cargo (Air and ocean), warehousing and inventory management
You will get a better understanding of Air cargo, shipping process, the role of parties involved in Air cargo, gross weight and chargeable weight, shipping documents, secure air cargo delivery and incoterms.
You will learn many things in regards of ocean cargo, types of ships, ocean cargo shipping process, type of cargo, and VGM.
And also you will get a better understanding of warehouse and inventory managements, why we hold stock, type of inventory, costs and inventory management formulas.
What you’ll learn
- What is business of logistics
- The role of business of logistics
- Importance of business of logistics
- Air cargo
- Ocean cargo
- Shipping process for Air & Ocean cargo
- Inventory & warehouse management
- Types of warehouse & Inventories
- Inventory techniques
- Inventory costs and formulas
- No previous experience
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to start or develop his\her career in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- anyone who wants to know how the day-to-day activities of a Logistics manager, supervisor, or officer look like and what are their jobs role
- Students who want to major in Logistics Management and Supply Chain Management.