Proofreaders are normally the members of the publishing team that make sure that documents look and read their best before they are sent to print. Along with being able to recognize errors in written materials, proofreaders must be able to correctly mark the documents for corrections.
However, nowadays, with the help of freelancer marketplaces anyone can become a proofreader and offer their services online.
Proofreaders can charge around $20-$50 per hour
Proofreaders can earn per year around $50K working part time
Proofreaders can work from home or from anywhere in the world
If you learn how to become a proofreader, you will enjoy more:
FREEDOM – to be home with your kids, leave your 9-to-5 job, and work with who you want, when you want, where you want
FLEXIBILITY – to work when it fits best in your schedule
FINANCIAL SECURITY – side hustles can help you to stop living paycheck-to-paycheck, get rid of debt, take family vacations, and have extra fun money
Plus, proofreading is something you naturally do for free anyway. Why not get paid for those incredible eagle eyes you were blessed with?
What you’ll learn
- Understand What Proofreaders Do
- Learn Proofreading Symbols
- Strategies to Proofread on Paper and Screen
- Proofread Business Documents
- No previous experience required
- Desire to start a career in proofreading
- Open mindedness is required
Who this course is for:
- This course is for you if you’re willing to start a career in proofreading and copyediting.