In this easy-to-understand, multi-part course, learn all the required topics for the AP Computer Science A exam! You’ll be taught the fundamentals of the Java programming language, covering data types, objects, classes, boolean expressions, if statements, loops, strings, arrays, ArrayLists, 2D Arrays, inheritance, recursion, and more!
This is Part 2, which will specifically cover:
- Writing Classes
Note: While this course only covers units 4-7 out of a total of 10 AP CSA units, check AlgoSTEM’s Udemy profile to locate the other units!
Information about the Instructor:
Amanvir, has already taken the AP Computer Science A exam with the highest possible score of a 5. By utilizing the information and experience he has acquired from taking the AP Computer Science, Amanvir hopes to teach others about various topics and techniques required to score highly on the exam. Outside of creating this course, Amanvir is an avid programmer and enjoys creating various apps.
AlgoSTEM is a non-profit organization led by Arushi Gupta and Akshaj Gupta that aims to increase accessibility to STEM education. Through its free online courses, AlgoSTEM has taught over 35,000 students worldwide. AlgoSTEM instructors are experienced and knowledgeable about the subjects they teach which include computer science, math, and various sciences.
Along with having multiple Udemy courses, AlgoSTEM has a popular YouTube channel called Algorythm that covers solutions to coding problems including those from Leetcode, Codeforces, Codechef, and various math competitions.
What you’ll learn
- Learn about iteration in Java, including the use of while loops, for loops, and nested iteration
- Gain the skills necessary to understand the structure of a Java class, including class constructors, static variables and methods, comments, and more
- Learn how to create and traverse Arrays and ArrayLists, including how to traverse them with enhanced loops
- Learn basic and advanced fundamentals of Java
- Basic understanding of algebra and mathematics-based problem solving is required. No prior experience in programming is necessary (thought it will help).
Who this course is for:
- Those interested in taking the AP Computer Science Exam, particularly high school students.